Monday, October 25, 2010


The week since our adoption has been filled with little moments of stability and hope and total unabandoned love and bonding. I didn't realize that it wasn't that all along but something does seem a bit different. I think it's just the fact that I can breathe. The part that is amazing to me is that Perri and Logan seem to get it too...in subtle ways...I've seen a change.



They have both been cuddly and affectionate with us for a very long time but for the past year and a half, Perri has never, not one time, come to me at night in bed and asked to sleep with me. Now for anyone I know with a toddler, that is WAY out of the ordinary and especially for this momma who nightly has to walk her five year old back to bed after our nightly little snuggle. Now, Perri is a good sleeper so I never really thought about it but last week, the night after the adoption, she came to me in the middle of the night and said she wanted to just be with me! I nearly cried. Well come on in, girl! And there she stayed in the crook of my arm till morning. Total peace.

Logan did it last night. We used to lay in bed with them until they fell asleep when they first came to help bond with them and to just allow them to feel safe and secure. Logan used to wake with horrible nightmares and screaming and crying but he doesn't do that anymore. But last night he crawled in with us and settled in to Trevor's arm and then mine and the other little arm was reached out to touch the other one of us as if he just needed to know we both were there. We are. And we're not going anywhere, little man.

So thankful for our forever family. So thankful for God's blessings on us all.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

This is just beautiful...I'm sitting here with tears. How precious your forever family is!