Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I have an announcement to make!!!!!

Sorry for the long break....I have a long list of blogs in my head to write since I've been missing in action for so long. Our computer has been down and is being repaired. I rigged up an old computer that I've been meaning to set up for the kids so I'm currently posting this on a monitor the size of one of those little mini cooper cars. BUT, I just had to get on here and post the most important news for you all to hear......the reason why this blog started in the first place.

It is with full hearts that we announce the adoption of Perriana Joy and Logan Gideon into our forever family. Born December 1 2006 and November 24 2005, placed in our hearts and hands May 31 2009, and forever home October 12th 2010!

We are thrilled beyond measure and so very thankful for the amazing support and prayers of our family and friends. Our God has held us through the past year and a half. Our God has provided and encouraged and caught each tear. Our God has created this family and we are so very humbled by this call on our lives. Thank you for going on the journey with us. Thank you for each call, email, text of encouragement....for every meal, gift card, clothes handed down and the countless prayers. Thank you for letting me cry and complain and process this tornado of emotions. You bless me immensely.

Adoption is funny in that along with this immeasurable joy and celebration, their is an element of loss that can't be ignored. Thinking often of MOM and so very thankful for her choice of life. The kids are thrilled and there have been tons of hugs and laughter and talks about what this means....but I can tell that Perri and Logan also understands that this new security and permanency with us means something else entirely with MOM. This journey has been so well worth it and will continue to teach us all for years to come I'm sure.

I am so proud of my husband. So amazed at the way he parents and loves. So thankful for his obedience to our God...no matter how crazy it seems. I am proud of our children....the originals and their willingness to share absolutely everything, including mom and dad....and the new two...
and their ability to move forward, to trust and love and be vulnerable....their resiliency is to be marveled at.

We are so excited for this next part of our journey and to settle in to this wonderful place of stability. I am officially the mother of five. I like the way that sounds!

More to come......

4 comments:

Jo said...

YAY!!! I like the way it sounds too! Our God is good!

Jarah Hagerty said...

So happy for you all!!!!!

Michelle said...

Congrats!!! What an awesome reason to not blog so much... :-)

steffany said...

Wahooooo!