Friday, August 6, 2010

You know those moments when it feels like you are doing something right, I had one of those last night. Ava came into bed with me around 2:30 in the morning and said she missed Grandpa. I told her I did too and was so sorry she missed him. She snuggled in tight with me and I hear her start to whisper a prayer for him and for Daddy and Hazel, his caregiver...not prompted, not loud like she wanted me to hear, didn't point it out afterwards, just a sweet prayer to her God. It was so amazing. There are many times in a day that I feel like I don't know how to mother this beautiful little girl, like I have not quite figured out what she needs yet...and God gave me this glimpse into her heart that blessed me. I was so thankful that she sought comfort in her momma and her God.

She then started asking about JoJo and why he doesn't have a daddy and why P and L didn't have a daddy. Such heavy little thoughts for a five year old at 2:30 in the morning. So we layed in bed and talked about Alzheimer's and Grandpa and Daddy. We talked about how some daddy's don't know how to be daddy's and how blessed we are to have the one we do. We talked about how silly and fun JoJo was and how he'll always be our friend. We talked about life. We talked for an hour. Who needs sleep?

She is still sleeping. The dog woke me up:) I hope she cherishes that time someday like I do this morning. I love that girl.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love this blog..love my avs!
lou