Friday, July 16, 2010

Here we go again...

Late last night I got an email from Safe Families with their urgent needs. One of them was a 4 year old boy for a two week placement. He has the cutest face and a smile is always on it, so it his nickname (Face). This little guy is going to be hard to give back;) He's had a long chaotic day and been through alot lately. He arrived with the clothes on his back. He is the same size as our L so we have plenty. I just have to say how awesome my kids are. I am amazed at their heart for these children. A bed was given up, a special bear shared so he could sleep with it, a piggy back ride given, pajamas picked out that he would be cozy in and a pat on the head with a whispered answer to his fear of, "we don't have monsters here so you don't have to be scared....only Jesus and His angels are here." I love love love my children and the way they show the love of Jesus to these children. God has called all of us to be a protector of the fatherless and I am so thankful that my children get that. God bless this boy and his family.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

How incredible! What amazing kids you have. It's pretty obvious you are wonderful, godly examples to them!

Beautiful Mess said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE your kids! can I be one?

As For Our House...We will serve the Lord. said...

Jen, I love your (and Trevor's) heart for the fatherless!! And I absoulutely adore the "no monsters here...only Jesus and His angels" comment...what a cutie! :) God bless you and your very sweet family as you contiue to press on in His plan for you!!

:)
Michelle