Thursday, July 15, 2010

Double rainbow!

Ever had those moments where you start to feel a little sorry for yourself, start to think how hard things seem sometimes, how it sometimes feels like you are the only one trying or those moments when being the first to love feels so SO hard. I was in that place on my way home this evening after a really wonderful day so I can't explain why. Just a myriad of trials and struggles that have been swarming for the past few weeks seemed extra heavy and burdensome and as soon as I started to feel it, I saw to my left, the hint of a rainbow. I kind of chuckled to myself and our mighty God as if to say, a chuckle wasn't good enough, turned it up and the rainbow became more radiant and a little longer. Within five minutes it was a complete, from earth to arch to earth, double rainbow. Tears fell and the kids and I talked about the promises of our God and how comforting it is to know He loves us. Tears of total comfort and peace. Tears of thankfulness to a Father who never disappoints or fails us. So we cranked up the Michael W. Smith and sang our hearts out to the Artist and His Work!

1 comment:

Beautiful Mess said...

Love those moments! God is SO good to us!