Saturday, June 12, 2010

You're just gonna feel a pinch.



This morning I started the day with a run. It was so humid that it just sucked the energy right out of me. Seriously felt like I was breathing in air with concrete mixed in. When I got home I layed on the family room floor and started to drift off to sleep, in the middle of the chaos that is our life. As my thoughts began to get hazy I hear a little voice say, “we are going to have to cut off all her body parts. I’m so sorry, mam.” I peeked an eye open to see ‘Dr. Rubens and Dr. Gellen’ with their ‘scalpels’ in hand. One fashioned from a pick up stick and one a stylus from a Nintendo DS. These two beautiful little girls ages 3 and 5 proceeded to ‘cut’ each of my fingers off, followed by my arms and legs. Before I knew it, my running shoes and socks were being peeled off of me and off went the toes and the feet at the ankles. Just I thought I should maybe check into counseling for the giggles that were coming from these children as they dismembered their mother, I hear Dr. Gellen, the leader of the operation, say “next is her head.” My fears of therapy bills were soon diminished as the sweetest little kiss was planted on my nose before the pick up stick turned scalpel sliced my neck and and my head was pulled off by four little hands. I layed there still the entire time. Completely exhausted and oddly relaxed in the middle of my bizarre surgery……until the DS stylus was inserted into my nostril ‘by accident’ and my sinuses were nearly pierced. Time to get up and get going before someone loses an eye.

1 comment:

Beautiful Mess said...

That is great! Hope you are recuperating!

Get well soon ;)