Monday, June 14, 2010

Beware the bunkbed!

Today at the pool, a little boy about the age of 7 comes up to me and asks, "Did you bring a school?" It was hilarious. I just laughed and said no, they're all mine and one friend. Just expanded his little world:) He'd really freak if he heard the latest!

We are getting a visitor for the weekend. Just a short placement. I think she will come on Thursday and leave on Sunday evening. JoJo's sister will be staying with us for a few days until her next placement is ready for her. What?! It's his sister!!! And we have bunkbeds:) I would keep her for the entire time except our van isn't big enough for me and the kids. I really need an 8 seater;( So, if you don't see me out and about, you know why. If you see any contest for a conversion van or suburban, sign me up!! We'll be having dance parties at home for a few days and swimming in the little blow up pool and dancing in the rain. That's how we roll. I am excited for him to see her. He talks about her a lot. Grace is happy to get someone over 3 ft. tall. I think she is 8 or 9. The coolest thing is that I lined up her next placement with a dear friend and she will come here when the parents are working and can see her brother. This little girl already has a relationship with this Safe Familiy mom because she was her school counselor at one point. So cool to see God at work in this family's life and to see the body of Christ reaching out to them.

3 comments:

Beautiful Mess said...

You are encouraging me so much!

Can't wait---

we are supposed to have our orientation tonight---if hubby makes it home---PRAYER please!

I am feeling anxious...mostly because I fear I am pushing it. Waiting on God! I'll let you know what happens...

love said...

i couldn't even finish reading this post. i'm am cracking up. literally. out loud while matt's trying to put kids to bed.

YOU CRAZY.

and i love it.

[i'm going to keep reading now.]

Christina said...

thats just plain amazing!

(and my 'word verification' to leave this comment is Hotivis. What is that?!? Sounds like a rash or something!)