Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mother's Day

P & L's MOM called Safe Families this week to see if they had seen or heard from the kids and how they were. She asked for pictures and talked alot about an attorney that she says she's getting for the hearing in June. Our old caseworker seems to think it's just talk and she won't show but I would be lying if I said it wasn't a bit unnerving. I emailed her some pics. Made sure they were of L before his haircut:) I told her we hoped she was doing well and would be praying for her on Mother's Day and thanking God for the role she had in the kid's lives. I'm sure it will be a hard day for her. She doesn't have a mother to celebrate and she no longer has children to celebrate with her. I am not surprised we heard from her now. The timing kind of fits her M.O.

This Mother's Day is different from the rest for me. I always think of my own mother, whom if you've read any of my blog at all you know was the best. I always think of my beautiful and selfless mother-in-law whom I will only know in Heaven. She has been home with Jesus now for almost fifteen years and was by all accounts an angel on this earth. I always think of her and how thankful I am for the man she made my husband into. I always feel thankful to my children for making me a mamma. But this year, I am thinking about another mother who I think this world failed. A mother that lost her children because she was never shown what it takes to be one. It makes me think of all the countless mothers throughout the world that don't have enough money or resources to care for their children...of the mothers that are sick or dying and of the mothers that just don't get the full responsibility that being a mother calls one to. I think of the women I know that long to be a mom and for whatever reason have not been able to. I think of the new moms and the moms that never thought they would be one and how special this day will be for them. I don't take this thing lately, this motherhood. God entrusted His children to me. He handpicked these five precious souls for me to guide and I take nothing more seriously. I am thankful and humbled.

To all my fellow mommas out there I say, Happy Mother's Day! May your load be lighter and you feel appreciated.

And to the biological MOM of P & L, I pray you are flourishing and getting your life together so that someday when my children want to meet you and know you, that you will be a whole healthy individual that they can feel proud to know. I pray God's peace on your life and healing in your heart. I pray you are able to trust someone that is worthy of trust and you learn what love can be. Thank You for choosing life for P & L because I cannot imagine mine without them.

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Ahhh Jenn, you have done it again, Again you bring me to tears with your sincere blogging and your love of God and family. You are an amazing woman and your children are so blessed to have you as their mother. You are a true blessing to all that know you, your testimony is one to be admired by all that aspire to be more Godly. I love you Jenn and I love that I consider you my friend... God has blessed me so much with the Hayden family, each and everyone of you bring something wonderful to my life and I will forever be grateful for your parents for raising such beautifully spirited people.... Happy Mothers Day honey, I know you will enjoy it with so much passion and joy!

Beautiful Mess said...

So fitting, beautiful and sad...

Praise God for you in my life!

I find comfort knowing "whatever" I am gonna go through fostering...you have been there and will help me.

Happy Mother's Day!!