Thursday, May 13, 2010

I'm getting creative.

Runner, writer, artist? Okay that last one will never happen. I am not crafty. I enjoy crafty people. I like crafty projects that others assemble all the parts too and have written instrusctions for but I am not crafty. I am not organized or focused enough to be. I am too easily distracted by the random come-upings of life.

But a fellow blogger did the coolest project awhile back that I just may have to do. You can see hers here: http://tatertotsandjello.blogspot.com/2009/09/mod-podge-mania-family-rules-canvas.html and another here: http://www.facebook.com/l/ef08c;amycornwell.blogspot.com/2010/03/create-cornwell-family-rules-canvas.html and here: http://www.facebook.com/l/ef08c;amycornwell.blogspot.com/2010/03/siebert-friends-family-rules-canvas.html (sorry I can't get the links to work so you'll have to copy and paste)

Don't you love it!! These are totally crafty people and I may be biting off more than I can chew. I've been thinking about my rules, our rules. I came up with two lists. One I will really hang in my house and one for those days where you feel like the minutes have doubled in a day and it will never end. Heres' the fake list:

Don't pick your nose. It's gross.
Bodily functions are not dinner conversation.
No whining. No tattling. No screaming.
Unless it's bleeding, I don't want to hear about it.
A choke hold does not count as a hug.
You are only allowed five questions a day. Make 'em count!
No musical instruments before 7a.m. Your voice counts as an instrument.
No tooting in my bed.
Bored just means you're not being creative enough to find something to do.

Wouldn't that look great on a canvas?! LOL I am excited to go pick out my paper and canvas and see how this turns out. What is wrong with me? Running, crafting?
Anyway, this is a work in progress but here is a rough draft of the real set of rules. I'll post pics when I'm done. Which depending on how much life throws at me could be a week or a month from now.

Put God first.
Encourage with your words.
Hands are not for hurting. They are for holding and helping.
Serve others.
Laugh alot. Sing silly songs. Dance like crazy. Dream big.
Give second chances. Forgive.
Flush. Wash your hands.
Love one another big time.
Celebrate in each other's joys.
Be honest. Always.
Be thankful, be generous. Pray.

What are your rules?

5 comments:

amycornwell said...

Yay, awesome! I can't wait to see yours. I saw your note a little too late...here's mine: http://amycornwell.blogspot.com/2010/03/create-cornwell-family-rules-canvas.html

Michelle B. said...

I want to make one!!! I love it.

Anonymous said...

I love it! I want to make one too! Soooo cute! where are you gonna hang it/
rene

Anonymous said...

SO cute! I want to make one too! I LOVE it!
Rene

Beautiful Mess said...

You are one-of-a-kind and therefore pretty CRAFTY!