Sunday, February 28, 2010

The welcome mat is out.


I could not figure out why I was so tired today. I thought at first that I was getting sick. Zero energy and I actually fell asleep on the couch in the middle of the chaos and noise that is my daily life. (Don't worry, my husband was home) As I planned for this week, I looked over last week and I counted how many children other than my own went through this house last week. Nineteen.
19. 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19. Nineteen. Anyway you say it, it's a bit insane. It was fun though. We all survived. We were able to help some friends and some family and share the love;) We had cupcakes and made our own individual pizzas, we moved the island in the kitchen and played basketball, we watched movies and played school and colored and dressed up and ate lots and lots of snacks. I love that my children don't bat an eyelash and other children hanging around. I love that our house is the house where everyone knows they are welcome.......them and their loud kids. Trevor and I have always said that we want to be the house where the kids hang out so we know who their friends are and what's going on. Be careful what ya wish for. LOL


Turns out that will make ya tired.

1 comment:

David and Sarah said...

hehehe....we're that house too! We love it most of the time, but we've been a bit sick around here and we've had to turn some of the kids who come to our door away. Grace's little friend, Matthew, was so sad...ah well, he came back the next day!

Blessings to your fun, friendly house!
Sarah